Having some trouble with DIM? Hopefully some of these steps will get you working again.
- 1 Is DIM loading, but something or other isn't working quite right?
- 2 Are you getting an "Aw, Snap" error?
- 3 Are you looking for the app store/native version of DIM?
- 4 Did you "install" DIM, and found that the desktop icon has disappeared?
- 5 The background for one of my characters is red, did I do something wrong?
- 6 Do some vendors seem to be missing?
- 7 Is DIM showing you a page with the @BungieHelp Twitter feed?
- 8 Are perks not showing up?
- 9 Is DIM not loading with a message saying "Bungie.net was too slow to respond"?
Is DIM loading, but something or other isn't working quite right?
Before you do anything go into your DIM settings toward the bottom and click the "Download Data Backup" button that will let you save all your settings and tags and things down to a file so you don't lose them.
- CTRL+F5 to hard refresh your browser. ( Cmd+Shift+R on Mac)
- Try incognito mode / private browsing - if this works, you likely have an extension/plugin that is interfering and you need to figure out which it is. Privacy Badger is frequently the culprit.
- Try a different browser.
- If using https://app.destinyitemmanager.com/, try https://beta.destinyitemmanager.com/, and vice versa.
If DIM doesn't work after you try all 4 'fixes', contact us for help. A bug report with details is the most helpful.
Are you getting an "Aw, Snap" error?
These errors are shown when Chrome runs out of memory. We're working on making improvements to improve performance and cut down on the amount of memory that you need to run DIM, but we can unfortunately only do so much.
Are you looking for the app store/native version of DIM?
You can "install" DIM by clicking the menu button (the three horizontal stripes in the top left) and
Install DIM may be an option, depending on your browser and OS.
Did you "install" DIM, and found that the desktop icon has disappeared?
If you use Chrome and previously installed DIM through that and your shortcut disappeared, you can recreate the shortcut.
- Open Chrome
- Navigate to
- Right click on
Destiny Item Manager
- Click on
The background for one of my characters is red, did I do something wrong?
Nothing's wrong; it's the emblem that you have equipped. They come with a background color that we use to add a little flair to separating the character columns. If it bothers you, pick another emblem. Most are very subtle.
Do some vendors seem to be missing?
Some vendors (Petra Venj, Spider, others) are linked to your currently-selected character's overall story progression, and some may not be available depending on where your character is in game.
Is DIM showing you a page with the @BungieHelp Twitter feed?
During some deployments, Bungie needs to bring down the API that DIM uses for a while. We have no control over it and don't know when it'll be back up, but you can follow them for more up-to-date information than we can provide.
Are perks not showing up?
During some deployments, they don't completely bring down the API, but do bring parts of it (weapon perks being a common one) offline for a time. This (and some other quirky behavior for a while post-deployment) is expected.
Is DIM not loading with a message saying "Bungie.net was too slow to respond"?
This is because Bungie.net, which provides the data we use to display your inventory, is too slow. This happens when a lot of people are playing the game at once, and the problem will only resolve when player load is reduced. Try beta.destinyitemmanager.com where we have made a change to wait longer.